What is a Chutney? A Chutney is a Condiment that can be used everyday for a variety of foods. A Chutney is usually made up of tasty Fruit / Vegetables, Vinegar and Sugar. The vinegar and Sugar Preserve the other ingredients giving the chutney its generally long shelf life, opened and unopened making it a popular choice for the home Cook, Retailers and Caterers.
I have collated 5 of my favourite easy ways to make best use of your Deerview Fine Foods Small batch Big Flavour Chutney. These are not elaborate recipes but some of my personal favourite ideas.
People often ask me which is my favourite? or which is the best? the truth is that I do not have a favourite. Every recipe has been developed and adapted over the years to suit and therefore I enjoy each and every one at different times however I have attached some of my personal favourites at this moment of time and that are currently sitting in my fridge.
1) In a Sandwich - Turn a dull boring everyday tedious sandwich into a pumped up premium delicacy. Our Chutneys have a real depth of flavour making a boring packet ham sandwich into a really tasty treat with minimum effort - My favourite for this at he moment is Plum Chutney - The Plums are succulent and the juices are rich, seriously give it a try.
2) Serve alongside a Cheese platter with Cured Meats. Pimp up your platter - Cracker, Cheese and Chutney on top followed by Cured Prosciutto is absolutely delightful, Wash it all down with Red WIne, perhaps a Merlot or Malbec? My current personal favourite Cheeseboard is a range of mature Cheddars, Farmhouse Chutney and Cheeseboard Chutney, they both use Apples as the base ingredient but they are both so different in taste and flavour they are ideal for all cheeseboards and they work perfectly with all cheeses, add Pork Pies, Sausage rolls, Scotch Eggs and Pastry's.
3) Cheese on Toast. Perhaps the greatest quick fix snack/ dinner of all time. What more could you need with a hot, melty, gooey, cheesy toasty, buttery grilled cheese sandwich? Well you guessed it our Chutneys will elevate his teatime treat to a whole new dimension. Either layer the Chutney on the bed of the bread before cooking and Grill or simply serve alongside the Grilled Cheese, Dip and Dab, Lovely.
4) Add to your Daily Dinner, whether this may be Curry, Pasta, Chilli con carne or Shakshouka our Chilli Chutney, Tomato Chutney, Spicy Aubergine and Spicy Mango serves well alongside or inside each of these dishes.
5) Straight out the jar, that's right somethings are just to good and tasty to be shared and therefore if your adding to a sandwich, cheese platter, cheese on toast or your daily dinner be sure to pop a sneaky spoonful directly out of the jar onto your palette and try your best to resist to go back for another one.
As mentioned above these are just some of my favourite ways to use my Chutneys. If you have a favourite flavour and can share its use please let us know. We love to hear how our customers are making the most out of their purchases.
Our current range of Chutneys include : Ale Chutney, Beetroot Chutney, Cheeseboard Chutney, Chilli Chutney, Farmhouse Chutney, Onion Chutney, Red Onion, Hot Onion, Plum Chutney, Spiced Apple Chutney, Spicy Aubergine Chutney, Spicy Mango Chutney, Tomato Chutney.
See our full range of items available at www.deerviewdeli.co.uk